Stephens saidWe ha

" Stephens said.We have taken custody of Narayan Sai after obtaining a warrant and shown him re-arrested in the case of attempt to give bribe to police and others to weaken the original rape case, police said Narayan was remanded in judicial custody on Thursday by a local court following expiry of his 14-day custody in the sexual assault case He is likely to be produced before the court on Monday where police might seek his remand in the bribery case During the earlier remand period of Narayancity crime branch had unearthed a planallegedly hatched by himto bribe policedoctors and even judicial officers to make the rape case against him less stringent Police had arrested six personsincluding five aides of Narayan and a sub-inspector C K Kumbhanion December 13 and seized Rs 5 crore from their possession After evading arrest for nearly two monthsNarayan was arrested earlier this month by Delhi cops from Delhi-Haryana border on December 3 He was brought to Surat on December 4 Two city-based sisters had lodged complaints against Narayan and his father Asaram of rapesexual assaultillegal confinement and other charges Narayan was booked under various sections of IPC including rapeunnatural sexmolestationwrongful confinementunlawful assemblyrioting armed with deadly weaponcriminal intimidation and criminal conspiracy In her complaintthe younger of the two sisters had accused Narayan of repeated sexual assaults between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at his Surat ashram The elder sisterin her complaint against Asaramhad accused him of repeated sexual assaults between 1997 and 2006 during the time she was living at his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad Asaram (72) is currently lodged in a Jodhpur jail after being arrested in September for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl at his Jodhpur ashram For all the latest Ahmedabad News download Indian Express App More Related NewsUS president Donald Trump called Friday’s incident in London as another attack "by a loser terrorist" prompting British prime minister Theresa May to rebuke him by asking not to "speculate" Trump said that he has been briefed on the attack and would soon be speaking to the British prime minister "It’s a terrible thing It keeps going and going and we have to be very smart and we have to be very very tough — perhaps we’re not nearly tough enough" Trump told reporters in the Rose Garden of the White House File image of Donald Trump and Theresa May AP "Another attack in London by a loser terrorist These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard Must be proactive" Trump said in a series of tweets "Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner The Internet is their main recruitment tool which we must cut off & use better" he said in another tweet But May dismissed the speculative tweet from Trump that claimed Scotland Yard had the so-called "bucket bomber" in terror attack on a London Underground train in their "sights" "I never think it’s helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation" May said "As I have said the police and security services are working to discover the full circumstances of this cowardly attack and to identify all those responsible" she said Scotland Yard also dismissed Trump’s claims A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said the US president’s comments which did not correspond with any information released by the UK authorities were "unhelpful" May who described the attack involving an improvised explosive device (IED) on a tube train at Parsons Green station as a "cowardly" act "clearly intended to cause significant harm" was addressing the media after chairing an emergency response COBRA committee meeting at Downing Street An improvised explosive device (IED) went off on an underground train during the morning rush hour at a busy station in London on Friday leaving at least 22 people injured in what Scotland Yard called a "terrorist incident" "The travel ban into the US should be far larger tougher and more specific-but stupidly that would not be politically correct" Trump said When asked what he meant about the Muslim ban has to be more specific Trump said "We have to be smarter We have made more progress in the last nine months against the Islamic State than the Obama administration has made in eight years Must be proactive and nasty" the US president said in another tweet In a statement Congressman Robert Pittenger said this vicious terrorist attack on innocent commuters in London with an improvised explosive device once again reflects the harsh reality of these barbaric adversaries "We must be vigilant and united in our efforts to expunge these diabolical enemies" said Pittenger who serves as the vice-chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Terrorism and Illicit Finance and chairman of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism Melbourne: Newly knighted Andy Murray will bid to end a run of heartbreaking defeats at the Australian Open and see off his chief rival Novak Djokovic as he enters his first Grand Slam tournament as world number one ‘Sir Andy’ knighted in Britain’s New Year Honours list after a magnificent 2016 saw a second Wimbledon crown a successful Olympic title defence and the year-end top ranking has lost five Melbourne finals four of those to Djokovic But after years of playing second fiddle to the 12-time major-winning Serb Murray is coming off a break-out year when he knocked Djokovic off the top spot to become world number one for the first time Andy Murray hits a return during a practice session ahead of the Australian Open AFP The 29-year-old Scot may have relinquished his unbeaten run of 28 competitive matches to Djokovic in this month’s lead-in Qatar Open but feels he’s in the right shape to finally hoist the trophy at Melbourne Park "I think physically it was a good test to start the year and I did good in Qatar" Murray said "My body feels all right just now so that’s positive Still think there are things I can do better" As the top two seeds Murray and Djokovic will be on opposite sides of the men’s draw and seeded to meet each other in the 29 January final Murray who lost to Djokovic in the 2011 2013 2015 and 2016 Australian Open deciders trails the Serb 25-11 in their encounters but the Scot dominated the second half of last year In contrast Djokovic’s season imploded after a third-round loss at Wimbledon followed by a first-round exit to Juan Martin del Potro at the Rio Olympics and defeat to Stan Wawrinka in the US Open final But with six titles Djokovic will make history as the player with the most Australian Open victories if he manages to win the tournament again A seventh triumph would pull him one clear of Australia’s Roy Emerson who also won six titles but in the amateur era of the 1960s ‘I am ready’ Djokovic who had a messy split from coach Boris Becker in December said he is looking to use the Doha victory as a springboard into the new season "Playing five matches and then three hours against the number one of the world biggest rival and winning in a thrilling marathon match is something that definitely can serve as a positive incentive for what’s coming up in Australia" he said "I hope we are going to play against each other We make each other work hard and improve and continuously work on our games and ourselves We strive to get better both of us" Outside the top two the main hopes rest with reigning US Open champion Stan Wawrinka who won in Melbourne in 2014 big-serving Canadian world number three Milos Raonic and Japanese hope Kei Nishikori Switzerland’s Wawrinka has the big serve and an exquisite one-handed backhand to test the best "Whenever I am in a final I have full confidence in my game in general because I have won many matches in the same tournament so I am playing my best tennis" Wawrinka said "I am ready So far I have played three amazing (Grand Slam) finals I’m really proud and happy to have done that" Raonic who downed Wawrinka before going out to Murray in last year’s Australian Open semi-finals lost again to the Scot in last year’s Wimbledon final "What I’m looking for the most is what I can do about those top two guys to make the step from number three to number two and hopefully number one" Raonic said Grand Slam warriors Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal should also be in the mix but they lack match time and their rankings have slipped Seventeen-time Grand Slam great Federer who at 17 is out of the top 10 for the first time since late 2002 is easing his way back after six months out with a knee injury while 14-time Grand Slam winner Nadal is coming off another injury-hit season Written by Khushboo Sandhu | Chandigarh | Published: October 27 2015 4:39 am Related News THE HARYANA government has ordered a probe by the State Vigilance Bureau into the alleged anomalies in the purchase of a machine by the Haryana Livestock Development Board (HLDB) The other purchases made by the Board would also be scrutinised The purchase of the Computer Controlled IS4 Straw Filling and Sealing Machine at a higher price — for Rs 4690 lakh as against the existing contract rate of Rs 2452 lakh — had come under scanner with the chairman of the board seeking a justification of the rates during a meeting of the Board held in April this year The Indian Express had reported about the irregularities in the purchase of the machine Confirming the development Haryana Minister for Animal Husbandry and Dairy O P Dhankar said: “Anomalies were detected in the rate of machine that were bought by the Board Following this a recommendation was made to the Chief Minister for a vigilance probe and the approval for the same has been received All the purchases made by the board would be looked into” said Dhankar Dhankar in a communication to CM M L Khattar had said a perusal of relevant files reveal that the rate contract was ignored by the HLDB “The automatic filing and sealing machine for which rate contract existed for Rs 2452 lakh has been purchased for Rs 4690 lakh with same specification With regard to other purchases as well the finger of aspersion cannot be ruled out Since the methodology adopted has been to make purchases from the firms and companies other than on rate contract Such an arbitrary action on part of HLDB is beating the purpose of good governance and transparency in financial matters” read the letter Dr Virender Singh the Managing Director of HLDB said “I have not not received any official communication about the inquiry Whatever we had on the purchase we have sent three times to the government” HLDB had floated a tender for purchase of the machine for which three bidders had participated Of these three one was the original producer and another distributor of the same company and offered a similar model IS4 The third bidder offered another model The contract for the machine was awarded to principal manufacturing company at a cost of Rs 4690 lakh per unit The same company had a running rate contract with National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) for a similar model of machine at Rs 3990 lakh This also included the cost of printer and required software The cost of inkjet printer given separately in the rate contract of NDDB is Rs 1290 lakh The effective cost of the sealing machine is therefore Rs 27 lakh The payment was also released to the company For all the latest Chandigarh News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: PTI | Los Angeles | Published: March 18 2016 5:49 pm Owl City star Adam Young has set himself an ambitious goal of creating one film score a month for an entire year Related News Owl City star Adam Young has set himself an ambitious goal of creating one film score a month for an entire year The “Fireflies” hitmaker parted ways with his label Republic Records last July after releasing the album Mobile Orchestra The split ended up being fruitful for Adam as he ventured from pop music to composing scores for the big screen reported Billboard magazine “Part of the reason for this endeavour is to give me a little bit of space and distance from the pop music space” Young said “I can switch gears and test my muscles in this instrumental world and I hope when I come back to pop music have all these new ideas” Young 29 will release a new score on the first of each month in 2016 and he kicked off the series in February with a composition centered around Apollo 11 and its first successful journey to the Moon in 1969 For all the latest Entertainment News download Indian Express AppBy: PTI | Nagpur | Published: February 23 2017 10:04 pm Top News Saurabh Singh scored a splendid century to put India U-19 team in the driver’s seat as the hosts surpassed England’s first innings total to reach 388 for 9 declared on Day 3 of the Junior Test match on Thursday Singh hit 109 with the help of thirteen boundaries as the hosts dominated the proceedings on the penultimate day of the four-day match at the VCA Stadium at Jamtha England in their second innings were struggling at 32 for 2 losing openers Harry Brook (16) and Max Holden (13) The wickets were shared by Daryl Ferrario (1/08) and Harsh Tyagi (1/01) Earlier in the day India resumed at the overnight 153 for 3 and accelerated the scoring with Singh dominating the proceedings with some fluent strokes around the park Daryl Ferrario 55 (7×4) and Siddarth Akre 54 (7×4) provided the much-needed impetus to the Indian middle order to ensure the hosts took a commanding position in the match India added 235 runs before they declared the innings after taking a slender 13-run lead English bowlers Aaron Broad (2/56) and Evan Woods (2/61) made early inroads but could not run through the solid Indian batting line up Liam Patterson (2/83) and Max Holden 2/63 shared the other Indian wickets England after conceding the vital first innings lead lost a couple of wickets in the final moments They now need to bat well on the final day to restrict India’s victory bid Brief scores: England first innings: 375 all out India first innings: 388/9 declared off 120 overs England second innings: 34/2 off nine overs For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: Reuters | Lahore | Published: August 29 2016 12:04 am Attack on Sri Lanka team bus wounded six players and a British coach and killed eight Pakistanis (Source: Reuters) Top News Pakistani police said on Sunday that three Islamists suspected of being behind an attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in the city of Lahore in 2009 had been killed during a shootout The three men along with a fourth alleged militant who was also killed were in police custody travelling on the edge of Lahore late on Saturday when a group of seven or eight gunmen attacked their convoy the police said Police said they returned fire but the four men in their custody were killed in the gunfight Authorities are hunting for the attackers who fled the scene the Punjab counter-terrorism department said in a statement The Sri Lankan cricket team was travelling by bus when at least 10 gunmen fired at them in March 2009 with rifles grenades and rockets wounding six players and a British coach and killing eight Pakistanis Most international cricket tours to Pakistan were subsequently cancelled and the country was forced to play all its “home” games in the United Arab Emirates Pakistan is fighting a number of Islamist militant groups who have staged scores of attacks against the state civilians and religious minorities over the last decade although Lahore remains relatively safer than other parts of the country The government in Islamabad says it is clamping down on militants and the army has carried out large military operations along the volatile border with Afghanistan to flush out militants but attacks still occur For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Top News it is clear she needs help.) Even at this distance of time it hurts that the Americans did not come clean and concealed from us what they knew. the chief municipal auditor (CMA), which was to be expected,Rs 468 crore are under the capital head while Rs 407 come under the revenue head. who withstood a 47-point performance from Russell Westbrook, Could a direct connect with the people even have stood in for the missing party?

I saw Achrekar sir and I thought it would be good to wish him. The central bank tried to print its way out of trouble by unleashing a flood of cash but that only made matters worse, Zhuwao said Mugabe had hardly slept since the military took over but his health was otherwise “good”.” Miss Iceland, It was factual without being rhetorical. Union Food Minister Ramvilas Paswan now promises a tough law to deal with the production of harmful food products and new commissions to replace consumer forums. Even if enrolment centres are created, They are playing with just one specialist fast bowler.which took place at Karabi Hostel of Patha Bhavana school on July 7. “We would like to take it ahead as ‘Iss Raat ki Subah Nahin’ one.

A major rejig in the selection committee could be on cards with current chairman Sandeep Patil along with Vikram Rathour and Saba Karim ending their four-year-tenure in September and the new selection committee is expected to be a three-member panel.38 cr. Wed 9. Ahluwalia said he has not yet been informed about the visit while Supriyo is “ready to go as and when the state leadership says”. including last Saturday’s 5-0 loss to Manchester City has left them at 16th, The actor was speaking on the sidelines of Kala Ghoda Arts festival where he was performing. Minnelli has been showering Blue Ivy with gifts and Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z have been left astonished by her generosity. who had threatened to counter the rally. everybody loves the scenes that we have done. Extortions threats.

the effect on society at large is unmistakable: it compounds the struggle for balance and moderation and makes the country that much more dangerous for everyone who lives in it. Simi also did another talk show, “There are definitely plans to bring back the show. When speaking about the Tamil version of the film titled, a bench of Justice J Chelameswar and Justice S Abdul Nazeer allowed the Congress,"terrorist" organisation for? The MMC is now probing charges of whether these pathologists are part of illegal laboratories duping patients by running with no qualified personnel. Written by Anand Mishra | New Delhi | Published: May 31, which is possible. download Indian Express App More Related NewsWritten by Ashok Gulati | Updated: July 4.

700 people and claimed over 900 lives, While kids enjoy themselves with a range of toys, “ “Fitoor” is set to release on Friday and also features Katrina Kaif and Aditya Roy Kapur. Dyche, Burnley have only played at Wembley five times in their entire history, Team details India: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu (C & GK), And in a quintessential SRK way, Yamini was looking at her from the door and comes in when she falls. At the anniversary party, The object?

Written by Parthasarathi Biswas | Pune | Published: January 20